Receiving an error message while trying to save the partition information to the Hard Disk Drive.
While saving the partition information I receive an error message saying "Error writing physical
sector". Not able to save the partition information to the HDD.
- Boot sector is write-protected. Some BIOS allow protecting Boot
sector from write operations in order to prohibit viruses to damage it.
- Run the software from Windows 95/98/ME "MS-DOS Prompt" console.
- Hard Disk Drive is physically damaged ( i.e. has bad clusters ).
- Check your BIOS settings. If you have setting like "Virus Warning", make
sure that it's been "Disabled".
- DO NOT try to run the software
from under Windows Operating System! Boot your computer in "Command Prompt"
mode (press [F8] when Windows boots) or boot from the floppy disk.
- If your HDD is physically damaged, it's better to copy all important data
from there and use another Hard Disk Drive or you are at risk of loosing your data.