Contents > Procedures
Chapter 2. PROCEDURES.
2.3. Performing Partition Recovery
This section describes partition recovery procedure, as well as backing up the Main
Boot Record and recovery from a backed-up file.
- Run Active@ Partition Recovery.
- Scan for deleted partitions and drives or scan damaged partitions
- If you are satisfied with the information found, press [Esc].
The program prepares to save the partition information.
Figure 2-9 Save Partition Information to HDD
- Press [Y] to confirm the action, saving partition
[N] if you want to leave program without saving.
- If there is no partition displaying Active status, you will
be asked to decide on one partition to be active, as displayed below:
Figure 2-10 Select "Active" partition
- Select one and press [Enter]. You will be prompted to create
MBR backup for the current configuration before the found
partition information is saved to a drive.
Making a backup at
this point can be helpful if you decide later on to go back to this
configuration (i.e. before partition recovery).
Figure 2-11 Prompt to Accept Current Partition
- Press [Y] to backup current MBR, Partition Table
Volume Boot Sectors.
- Press [N] to cancel backup of the current configuration.
- After partition information is saved, re-start the machine.
Figure 2-12 Partition Information Saved
Previous < Contents >