Overview of Active@ Partition Recovery for Windows
When partition (volume, drive, etc...) is deleted from a hard drive, two systems are notified:
- The partition record in the Partition Table (which is a part of MBR) is removed
- Space where partition was located is labeled as 'unoccupied'. The data itself is not removed
In the event of an accidental partition deletion we strongly recommend that you perform the recovery operation as soon as possible. If any new partition is created instead on the same space and some information is written there, there is a chance that the writing process may allocate some data in this 'unoccupied space' thus damaging you data located on the partition deleted previously.
Active@ Partition Recovery is a powerful software utility, designed to restore accidentally deleted partitions, as well as volumes being severely damaged by virus, malware, power surge...
Active@ Partition Recovery can be installed on and run from USB Flash disk or bootable CD/DVD, so that the risk of overwriting your data is minimized.
Active@ Partition Recovery will help you to restore partitions residing on hard drives formatted in any of the following file systems:
- Microsoft NTFS / NTFS5 / NTFS+EFS
- Microsoft FAT12 / FAT16 / FAT32 / exFAT
- Apple HFS+
- Linux Ext2 / Ext3 / Ext4
- Unix UFS
Active@ Partition Recovery works under all Windows family operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 RC2, 2012
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows PE (embedded Windows environment loaded from CD-ROM or USB disk)
Active@ Partition Recovery supports:
- IDE, SATA, SSD, SCSI hard drives, External USBs, Floppy and USB Flash Media, Memory Cards
- Large-sized drives (more than 2 TB)
- Detection and recovery of deleted or damaged partitions
- Saving scan results to the storage and opening them later on
- Deleted partitions filtering
- Correcting BOOT.INI if needed to keep the system bootable
- Fixing damaged MBR and Deleting invalid partitions
- Automatic and Manual correction of Volume Boot Sectors
- Disk Image creation for further data recovery purposes
- Integration with a Disk Viewer/Editor - to be able to inspect raw disk/partition/file data
New in version 8.0!
- Support for recovery from FreeBSD UNIX UFS and Linux Ext4fs file systems
- Added an integrated Disk Editor (HEX Viewer) component being able to inspect disks and files on a low level (raw sectors)
- Flexible application style: can be changed from Dark to Light color schemas
- Convenient 'Go Back' and 'Go Up' navigation buttons and key combinations added
- Improvements in recovery kernel: faster scans, more files and partitions can be detected...